Armed Forces Medical College is a premier medical institute of India acknowledged as a centre of excellence for education and research. The college provides training to under-graduate and post-graduate medical and nursing students with assured career prospects in the defence services. AFMC was ranked second among medical colleges in India in 2017 by India Today and Outlook India and third in India by The Week.
Established in May 1948 after World War II on the recommendation of the BC Roy Committee, remnants of various Indian Army Medical Corps units were amalgamated to create the Armed Forces Medical services. The AFMC undergraduate wing was established on 4 August 1962, which is celebrated annually as AFMC Day by its alumni across the globe. Continue reading
The All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) are a group of autonomous public medical colleges of higher education. These institutes have been declared by an Act of Parliament as Institutes of National Importance. AIIMS Delhi, the fore-runner parent excellence institution, was established in 1956.
From the 2013–14 academic session, the overall availability of MBBS seats in India rose to 42,169. The health ministry is striving to achieve the target doctor-patient ratio of 1:1000 by 2021, which at present is 1:2000. The government plans to increase overall availability of MBBS seats to 80,000 and of PG seats to 45,000 from the current 22,194 by 2021. The aim is to reduce the shortage of doctors, which is currently pegged at around 800,000 (800,000). India has 27 regional cancer centres.400 RT machines are available for cancer treatment.
At AIIMS, students get clinical postings from the second year itself, and that’s when we get a first-hand experience of patients and our profession. The sheer variety and number of cases one gets to handle here is mind-boggling. Continue reading
Top 25 Medical / MBBS Colleges In India 2017-2018
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Delhi
- Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune
- Christian Medical College (CMC), Vellore
- St. John Medical College, Bangalore
- Faculty Of Medical Sciences (King George’s Medical University), Lucknow
- JIPMER College, Puducherry
- Grant Govt. Medical College, Mumbai
- Seth G.S Medical College, Mumbai
- Institute of Medical Sciences, Varanasi
- Kasturba Medical College (KMC), Manipal
- Maulana Azad Medical College (MAMC), Delhi
- Bangalore Medical College (BMC) and Research Centre, Bangalore
- University College of Medical Science & GTB Hospital, new Delhi
- Amrita Institute of Medical Science & Research Institute (AIMS), Cochin
- Medical College and Hospital, Kolkata
- Government Medical College, Chandigarh
- Gandhi Medical College, Secunderabad
- M.S.Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore
- Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore
- K S Hegde Medical Academy, Mangalore
- Dayanand Medical College & Hospital, Ludhiana
- Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Belagavi
- Shri Ram Murti Smarak Institute Of Medical Sciences, Bareilly
- Maharishi Markandeswar Institute Of Medical Sciences & Research, Ambala
Source: Outlook India
About Indian Colleges
As of 2017, there are 460 medical colleges in India where qualifications are recognised by the Medical Council of India. As a result these medical schools have a combined capacity to provide medical education for much as 63,985 students. The Medical Council of India’s motto is to provide quality medical care to all Indians through promotion and maintenance of excellence in medical education.
Best Medical Colleges in India. MBBS Institutes in India. MBBS Admission in India. Medical Entrance Examinations in India. MBBS Exam Announcements. Top Medical Colleges in India. Top 25 Medical Colleges.
Samsung Tab A Flip Cover from Amazon